1. Virginia Law and Regulations6VAC20-174-330,a 
2. Code of Ethics6VAC20-174-330,a 
3. General Duties and Responsibilities6VAC20-174-330,a 
4. Signs of Terrorism6VAC20-330 a 
5. History of Private Security
6. Fundamentals of Law
7. Courtroom testimony
8. Harassment and discrimination
9. Security patrol, Access Control & Comms6VAC20-174-330,c
11. Emergency Procedures6VAC20-174-330,e
12. Confrontation Management6VAC20-174-330,f
13. Common “Use of Force”6VAC20-174-330,g
14. Written Examination6VAC20-174-330,h
A security officer is a private person who is hired to protect an organization’s assets, property, people, equipment, money, etc.) from a variety of hazards such as waste, damaged property, unsafe worker behavior, criminal activity such as theft, etc.
They do this by maintaining a high-visibility presence to deter illegal and inappropriate actions, observing either directly, through patrols, or by watching alarm systems or video cameras for signs of crime, fire or disorder; then taking action to minimize damage.
Because of this great trust that is required by the officer, our school ensures they are set up for success by providing high quality training that through written test and role play are ensured of knowledge retention.
top of page
bottom of page